EFFIMERIA organised in Canavese, Italy and abroad research and study sessions, debates, research on culinary expressions around death, work in progress creations and several performances. Thanks
to all those who supported the project, in many different ways, we were able to meet a wide audience and open many spaces for sharing and reflection.
The following were organised as part of the research programme
- study sessions on local traditional material at the Canavese Ethnological Centre / Centro Etnologico Canavesano
- study sessions on the relationship between food and illness with Chef Giovanni Allegro
- study sessions on creative ways to deal with death, at the ASLTO4 "Narravita" study group
- study sessions on the history and anthropology of death, with thanatologist Marina Sozzi, President of InfineONLUS
- study sessions on the reality of end-of-life in Italy, at Hospice di
- study sessions on the problems of the doctor-patient relationship, at the OFFICINA-H Training and Research Centre / Polo di Formazione e Ricerca OFFICINA-H of the University of Turin, Faculty of Nursing Professions of Ivrea and with the Bioethicist
Numerous events open to the public were organised
- three conference-shows, coordinated by the philosopher Sophie Brunodet, with speakers of recognised expertise from all
over Italy, one of which was hosted at the 'La Grande Invasione' literature festival in Ivrea, another hosted by the II National Congress of Narrative Medicine
- a theatre production on mourning processing, based on the 5 phases of Kubler-Ross:: MEMENTO
- una residenza artistica di sei mesi tra Italia e Brasile per sei artisti di quattro diverse culture, che hanno dato vita allo spettacolo di ricerca “SPIRO” e all'installazione artistica "THE GARDEN" in collaborazione con l'artista brasiliano Baghavan David.
- un'installazione artistica itinerante, a cura dell'artista canavesano Luca
Zurzolo, ispirata alla relazione tra vita e morte nel ciclo naturale della crescita e del consumo degli alimenti
- un banchetto teatrale capitanato dallo chef di fama nazionale Giovanni Allegro, esperto di cucina salutistica e di relazione tra alimentazione e malattia
- una produzione teatrale conclusiva del progetto, AMARSIAMORSI, national premiere in April 2018 at the Festival POVERARTE di Bologna. AMARSIAMORSI was awarded with the “Special Mention Award for a
Performance by International Artist” at the Bangkok Theatre Festival in Thailand in 2018.
EFFIMERIA WAS SUPPORTED BY